General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) enforcement begins 25 May 2018
What is GDPR?
It's a complete data protection game changer!
• Strengthens & unifies data management
• Makes it mandatory to report data breaches within 72 hours
• 3rd party data processors must be GDPR compliant
• Mandates need for formal contract and/or SLA
• Issue fines for non-compliance up to 20 million Euro's or 4% of global turnover
• Gives control to individuals
The GDPRis compliance portal is available for you to purchase on s4s.norfolk.gov.uk, under ICT Services for Education, so you can start preparing for GDPR.
Welcome to GDPR in Schools
The GDPR in Schools and ICO's advice for steps to take now
The GDPR in Schools and ICO's guidance on the Data Protection Officer
The GDPR in Schools and ICO's Readiness Tracker
The Governments advice on Data Protection: Privacy Notices