Internet filtering is provided by Netsweeper, which is a global product that filters using a list to ensure that unsuitable websites are blocked automatically and is constantly updating itself to ensure any new sites which are unsuitable are categorized and blocked. However, there will be occasions when users may discover unsuitable or inappropriate material originating from unblocked sites.
What are the benefits in using the Netsweeper Internet filtering solution?
• Internet filtering is provided 24/7, 365 days a year except when undertaking planned maintenance.
• Support by ICT between the hours of 8:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).
• Responsibility to manage the filtering at your premises
• The ability to change your own filtering or get ICT to make changes on your behalf
• Allowing and Blocking websites quickly
• Selecting a schedule to change the filtering out of school hours
What is included in the Netsweeper Internet Filtering Solution?
• Individual and unique accounts for up to 3 members of staff within the school (if you have chosen to be school managed)
• Access to real time log files
• Access to reporting tools
• Optional policies for Staff and Students
• Optional Policies for Active Directory integration
• A cloud service that is fully compliant with GDPR - click here for more details
If you wish to take advantage of these configuration options or require further information, please contact the Service Desk on 0845 303 3003 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.