Staff and Student Email Accounts
ICT Services have partnered with Google to provide all staff and pupils in Norfolk schools with a safe Norfolk Schools Internet Exchange (NSIX) Google email account. This service is provided free as part of the Updata Broadband contract or on a contract for non-Updata broadband customers.
Benefits of the NSIX Email Accounts
• NSIX Email Accounts are provided 24/7, 365 days a year except when undertaking planned maintenance
• Email Accounts are in line with E-Safety so that a students’ gender, school, or name is not displayed
• Emails are filtered
• Support by ICT between the hours of 08:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays)
• Supports Single Sign On – your Norfolk ID is your login to the Norfolk Cloud Portal
• Continually increasing mailbox size in line with Google upgrades
• Accounts are automatically generated from your MIS either via a SIF agent or tab file
What is included in the NSIX Email Accounts Package
• The Google email provision provides access to Google Apps for Education
• Anti-spam is provided by Google and each school is provided with their own individual e-safety mailbox. This allows review of inappropriate emails captured by the solution. A copy will automatically go into this inbox as well as the recipient’s inbox
• A cloud service that is fully compliant with GDPR - click here for more details
Google for education is compliant with EU data protection law. All data is stored within the EU at Googles very own EU data centres compliant with ISO 27001 standards. In addition, Google has also been certified against the DfE Cloud Supplier framework in relation to the DPA implications of using their service, and have also provide additional clarity in respect of the technical configuration of their service and the support infrastructure they have in place to assist UK schools in the event of some serious and unforeseen issue in relation to the use of their cloud service.