Generic Email Accounts
Office 365 is our email service using Microsoft cloud technology to provide a modern, configurable service for your generic accounts (i.e. head@, office@). The email accounts are hosted on Norfolk’s education Office 365 tenant and are available regardless of your broadband provider.
Your Office 365 email account package covers 10 email accounts for your school and includes: (additional email accounts can be purchased)
• Email, including contact management, personal and shared calendars
• Office Online (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• OneDrive Online- Personal cloud storage
• SharePoint Online - Collaboration, shared online storage and other web services
• Skype for Business - instant messaging and web conferencing
• Sway - Digital storytelling
• Email Encryption
• Account Management
• SPAM and Malware Filtering
The Generic email service offers the following benefits:
• No onsite email server for your school to manage
• Increased mailbox storage - every generic account in your school will includes up to 50GB of free mailbox storage space and up to 1TB of data storage space for documents, files and media.
• Office Online is included as part of your education licence, which consists of lighter versions of the full Windows desktop Office applications with fewer of the functions, but they do give you access to everything you will need to work:
o Work on your Office Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and OneNote workbooks anywhere you have internet access
o Share Office files with other Office 365 users
• Flexible working - Ability to access your emails, documents and contact other users from any device, desktop, tablet or phone.
• Service is secure and compliant with EU data protection laws
• Fully managed service for account management
Office 365 for education is compliant with EU data protection law. All data is stored within the EU at Microsoft very own EU data centres compliant with ISO 27001 standards. In addition, Microsoft has also been certified against the DfE Cloud Supplier framework in relation to the DPA implications of using their service, and have also provide additional clarity in respect of the technical configuration of their service and the support infrastructure they have in place to assist UK schools in the event of some serious and unforeseen issue in relation to the use of their cloud service.